How to Start a Free Blog on Google Blogger in Five Steps
In just a few minutes, you can start your own free blog on Google
Creating a New Account
1) Sign into your google account and make sure you’re signed into the right one.
2) Click Create an Account on the top right corner of the page
3) Fill out your email address, username, password, and repeat password.
4) Enter your real name (optional). This is only necessary if you want people to be able to find your blog by searching for it.
5) Fill out birthday (optional). You may want this information later when you’re trying to find out how old you are!
6) Select a time zone that applies where you live.
7) Click Next Step
Starting a New Blog
Whether you’re blogging as a journalist, an entrepreneur, or just for fun, there are plenty of reasons why you might want to start your own blog. You can use it to share your experiences with the world and get feedback from readers. You can use it as an advertising space for your business. Or you can just use it as an outlet for your thoughts. Whatever the reason may be, there are many ways in which starting a blog will help you connect with other people and strengthen relationships, whether they are close-knit relationships like friends and family or long-distance acquaintances.
Customizing Your Blog
If you want to customize your blog, click the Customize button at the top of the page. You’ll see something like this:
In this menu, you can change your layout and colors. Clicking Layout will bring up a list of templates that you can use. If none of these are perfect for you, there’s an option at the bottom labeled custom. Clicking that brings up another screen where you can create your own design from scratch. Be warned: it is not easy!
In addition, if you scroll down to Color, there are some pre-set color schemes for layouts. If those aren’t what you’re looking for, there’s also an option for customizing colors separately as well.
Writing Your First Post
Don’t start blogging yet! You don’t want to go through all this trouble just to have no one read your first post. Your content needs a plan before you start writing. Here are five steps for crafting content that will get results:
- Brainstorm ideas with friends and family for blog topics you want to write about
- Narrow down your top three topics by ranking them from favorite to least favorite
- Create outlines for your posts with at least two different headlines and an introduction sentence – Make sure these are detailed enough so you know exactly how the post will be structured, without too many keywords or phrases that may limit readership of the post – Save these outlines as templates if possible because they’re incredibly valuable when writing future posts
Promoting Your Blog
Your blog is only as good as the readership that it gets. Here are seven steps you can take to promote your blog to increase your audience:
-Blogs topics that are of interest to your target audience. -Promote your blog on other blogs and websites. -Join social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Pinterest. -Use images and videos when possible. -Ask for feedback from followers and readers, then use it to improve the quality of future posts. -Participate in forums related to your field of interest or expertise. -Link back with other bloggers who have linked back with you (i.e., comment on their posts).