How to Create a WordPress Blog in 10 Minutes or Less
WordPress is one of the easiest blogging platforms to use, which makes it an excellent platform for beginners and experts alike. This article describes how to create a WordPress blog in ten minutes or less, using the popular BlueHost web hosting service. To create your own WordPress blog in 10 minutes or less, follow these instructions
Choose your hosting
There are many hosting providers available for you to choose from when starting your blog. The two most popular are Bluehost and SiteGround, both of which provide fast performance and excellent customer service. However, the best way to determine the right provider is by considering your requirements and how much work you want to put into managing your site. For example, if you need help with installing plugins and themes, then Bluehost is probably a better option because they provide 24/7 live chat support. But if you’re interested in only writing posts and don’t want anything else associated with managing your site then SiteGround is the best bet because they offer one-click installs for WordPress blogs.
Pick your domain name
Deciding on your domain name is one of the first and most important steps. This is what people will type into their browser address bar to get to your blog, so you want it to be short and memorable. It should also include some information about what type of blog it is, such as DIY Homeowner. After you have picked out your domain name, you’ll need a hosting company like HostGator. Next up are the web hosting requirements: PHP version 7+, MySQL version 5+. If you have any questions about these, or if there’s anything else we can help you with, let us know!
First, you will need to install the WordPress application. You can download it here. Once you have downloaded and installed the application, you will need to create an account on the website by entering your e-mail address, desired username, and desired password. After that is complete, click Log In. This will take you back to the dashboard page where your username is displayed at the top of the page and above your blog’s title. You’ll then be able to set up your blog by adding posts, pages, and images by clicking Add New at the top of any screen on your dashboard. From there, you can add photos from your computer or from Facebook or Flickr using a photo-uploading tool called Add Media.
Select a theme
The first thing you’ll want to do is select the theme for your blog. There are many free and paid themes available, but I always recommend using a paid theme. Paid themes typically come with more features than free ones and they’re better coded. Plus, if you ever decide to sell your site, it’s easier to get your money back on a paid theme versus one you have no legal rights over.
- Install the Jetpack plugin by going to Plugins > Add New, then search for it.
- Install the Yoast SEO plugin by going to Plugins > Add New, then search for it and click install now.
- Install the Google Analytics Tracking Code plugin by going to Plugins > Add New, then search for it and click Install Now.
- Install the Contact Form 7 plugin by going to Plugins > Add New, then search for it and click Install Now.
Creating a blog with WordPress is easy. All you need is a domain name and hosting provider, which you can get from any number of places including Bluehost. Once you have your domain and hosting, go ahead and log into your Bluehost account. You’ll see the cPanel for your hosting site. In the cPanel, find the One-click install link and click on it.
Customize your blog
- First, log into your blog’s dashboard and select Appearance from the left side of the screen. Click Themes.
- Look through all the themes available on your blog and find one that suits you best. You can preview each theme before selecting it by clicking Live Preview. 2. Click the green button marked, Add New Theme located at the bottom right of this page after finding a theme you like. 3. This will take you to another page where you need to name and upload your new theme file then click, Install Now. You will then be able to activate your new custom theme by selecting it from the top navigation bar within your website dashboard settings page- found again under Appearance > Theme Settings .
Promote your blog
If you’re new to the world of blogging and want to get started quickly, we’ve created a simple, step-by-step guide that will have your blog up and running in just ten minutes. The following tips are based on our experience with creating dozens of blogs, so they should be easy enough for anyone to follow.
Tip #1: Pick a Domain Name
Pick something that is memorable and easy to spell.
Make money from your blog
Once you have your blog up and running, it’s time to monetize it. There are two options for monetizing your blog: ads and affiliate links. Ads are placed on the sidebar of your blog, while affiliate links are posted at the end of every post. You can generate revenue from ads by choosing how many impressions you want to give per day/week/month and then setting the price for each impression. For example, if you choose 500 impressions per day and set the price at $2 per impression, that would mean that you would make $1,000 per month (500 x $2). With affiliate links, you will receive a commission for every sale made through that link.